Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You can send unendorsed stock certificates by registered mail or instruct your broker to make the transfer from your account to our account
- You receive an income-tax deduction
- SFI may keep or sell the securities
- You may receive a federal income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the securities
- You avoid long-term capital-gain tax on any appreciation in the value of the stock
- Your gift will support SFI as you designate
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
If you have any additional questions or would like to discuss the specifics of your planned gift, please call 505-946-2720 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Santa Fe Institute
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.