Tangible Personal Property
How It Works
- Please call us to discuss the type of tangible property, possible uses of your gift by SFI, and getting an appraisal
- You receive a charitable income-tax deduction for the full fair-market value of the property if the gift's use is related to SFI's exempt purposes
- If the use is unrelated to our exempt purposes or if it's understood that we will be selling the property, then the deduction is limited to your cost basis
- You receive a federal income-tax deduction for the fair-market value if the gift's use is related to SFI's charitable purposes
- You avoid capital-gain tax on long-term related-use property (capital-gain tax on tangible personal property is 28%)
- You provide significant support for SFI without affecting your income
Special note: You should call or e-mail us to tell us of your intent with regards to the property, and we will be able to assist you with the details of the transfer.
Request an eBrochure
Which Gift Is Right for You?
If you have any additional questions or would like to discuss the specifics of your planned gift, please call 505-946-2720 or email email@example.com.
Santa Fe Institute
© Pentera, Inc. Planned giving content. All rights reserved.